What actually is Jock itch?
Jock itch, known scientifically as Tinea crucis, is a fungal condition which affects on the skin, most specifically the genitals, inner thighs and the buttocks. It can inflame the skin to become reddish in color and itchy, with the most common shape being ring-shaped rashes, especially in moist, dark areas of the body. see her latest blog posted at http://www.ontariochc.ca/find-right-home-remedy-jock-itch/
The name jock itch came about because it is especially common for those who sweat more often like athletes. This also most also likely to occur in individuals who happen to be overweight.
Tinea crucis is a fungal disease found on skin. It belongs to a certain group of skin infections fungal known as tinea. Jock itch is caused by a mold-like structure fungi which are termed as dermatophytes. These kinds of fungus are microscopic which naturally thrive on your skin, hair and also in nails. Though these fungi are typically marked as harmless, they will rapidly multiply, especially when exposed to a warm and moist areas. This is the reason why jock itch will usually grow on your skin near and/or around your groin, buttocks and inner thighs.
This type of skin infection is very common to men and adolescent boys. This kind of infection will cause rashes of the skin which often itches and or burns. Those affected parts could appear reddish, scaly and or even flaky. Jock itch is also frequently found on homeless people, since they are not able to wash their bodies with water and soap in the groin part and on their armpit areas regularly.
What are typical jock itch symptoms?
1. Redness found directly to the infected area.
2. Constant itching especially on the affected part.
3. There will be a burning sensation.
4. Peeling, cracking of the skin, and flaking is evident near and directly on the infected part.
5. When doing an exercise or heavy activity, rashes will get worse.
6. There will be changes in color of the skin.
7. When applying cream for an anti-itch, the rashes spreads and gets even worse.
Jock itch basically affects your groin and your inner thighs. The itch may spread towards your buttocks and even to your abdomen. But do not worry, your scrotum is safe here.
Jock Itch, and its diagnosis
The doctor is the best person to contact when you need to diagnose jock itch. This is simply done by examining you physically and doing an inspection on the affected part of your skin. There are few cases, where the doctor will take small samples of your skin cells coming from the affected part to help him correctly diagnosed your condition.
How is Jock itch treated?
Many people suffer from jock itch and it can only be treated effectively at home. You may try the given remedies below to treat such an infection:
• Better to wear cotton clothing that is loose.
• Constantly wash the area which were affected by a soap and or a warm water.
• Habitually apply powder, an anti-fungal soap or cream, and or spray liquefy anti-fungal solution on the affected parts.
• After exercise and or bathing, let the affected area be immediately dry-up.
• Always change your clothing and also an undergarments.
• Treat also other fungal diseases, like athlete’s foot. visit the original source for more details.
When you do not know what to do because it still continues to itch, you must see a doctor.…Read More